So after about a two month hiatus, I am finally back at it. My family moved into a new house and between the move, unpacking, decorating, and all the craziness that comes with having two babies, I’m lucky to have my sanity. Fortunately, I have a great husband and plenty of red wine that pulled me through.
Summer = Grilling Season. Yes, please. Sign me up. Anything that I can grill, I will. Nothing comes close to the flavor and the crispy char you get from an open flame. This recipe is a great go to when you don’t want anything too complicated or time consuming, but want lots of flavor. You basically throw everything into bowl, let it marinate, and grill. I marinated mine overnight because, frankly, I had to tend to a sick kid so it sat in the fridge until the next day. You’d probably be fine marinating for 4 – 5 hours if you don’t want to wait.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅛ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons agave nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chives, to garnish
- 16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
1. To make the marinade, combine soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, agave nectar, Chinese five spice, garlic, and garlic powder in a tupperware container.
2. Clean baby bellas well. Slice them into 1/4th to 1/2 inch slices and place them in the marinade stirring gently to submerge all of the mushrooms. Marinate overnight, occasionally stirring the mixture.
3. Carefully skewer the mushrooms and grill over medium flame basting with the marinade until desired crispness. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and chives.
Grilled Asian Bella Skewers Recipe Card
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture using #gingerveganista on Instagram and tag @TheGingerVeganista or Twitter and tag @GingerVeganista or Facebook and tag The Ginger Veganista. Can’t wait to hear from you!
5 Comments Add yours
Those look so good! Great post 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh these mushroom skewers look delicious, I shall be giving these a try with a nice jacket potato. Thanks for sharing, Chloe.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let me know what you think 😊
This looks so mouthwatering!
And so easy!