Specialty butters make a big impact at any event and can turn a boring bread course into the wow factor you are looking for. (also see my Sugar and Cinnamon Spiced Vegan Butter Spread recipe here). This savory herb butter has an amazing flavor that makes you want more and more…pace yourself, though. After all, it is butter.
This spread is rustic, earthy, salty, and garlicy. It takes me back to the flavors of Thanksgiving and Christmas and quite simply, just puts a smile on my face. Not only can you spread this on bread, you can easily cook with it as an easy way to add flavor. Roasting potatoes? Brush with this spread to kick it up a notch. Sautéing mushrooms? Scoop a dollop into your frying pan for an instant finisher. There are endless uses for this herb butter.
There is a bit of a prep time that comes a long with this recipe. While fresh herbs are by far better than dried, it takes longer to prepare them. Since you only use the leaves, you must separate them from the stems, which can be tedious, but so so worth it. After the herbs are prepped, the rest is cake. You can certainly enjoy it right away, but it is best if you let the flavors meld overnight.
I’d love to hear how you use this savory herb vegan butter spread!
- 1 13 ounce tub Earth Balance, softened (approximately 33 tablespoons)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup fresh sage, roughly chopped leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh oregano, roughly chopped leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh rosemary, roughly chopped leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh thyme, roughly chopped leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Place garlic and herbs in a food processor and pulse until the contents are finely chopped.
2. In a bowl, combine softened butter, herb mixture, and salt. Stir until completely mixed.
3. Place the butter back in the tub, into a mold, or place in saran wrap and form into a log. Refrigerate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture using #gingerveganista on Instagram and tag @TheGingerVeganista or Twitter and tag @GingerVeganista or Facebook and tag The Ginger Veganista. Can’t wait to hear from you!