So, if you know me at all, you know cauliflower is one of my favorite foods. I can hardly go a day without it, sad, right? And don’t get me wrong, I like the traditional tabouleh, but this version made from cauliflower is so good, not to mention it cuts down on most of the the carbs. It is a very easy recipe to make and takes almost no time at all! It makes a great side dish to almost every outing…barbecues, birthdays, and holidays, but I make it every few weeks just to pack in my lunch. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 medium cauliflower, pulsed in a blender, yields approximately 6 cups
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 grape tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice from. Yields approximately 1/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
1. Clean and core cauliflower. Chop to medium sized pieces. Place in a blender or food processor and pulse until chopped to a consistency close to rice. Set aside in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add chopped garlic, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir to mix well. Adjust salt, olive oil, and lemon juice to your taste.
3. You may serve right away, but I prefer to let the flavors meld for a few hours in the fridge before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture using #gingerveganista on Instagram and tag @TheGingerVeganista or Twitter and tag @GingerVeganista or Facebook and tag The Ginger Veganista. Can’t wait to hear from you!