If you follow my Facebook, you’ll know that Sundays are my roasting days. I’ll pick up various veggies at the market and spend the day roasting to have a ready made supply for the week. The veggies vary depending on what looks good and what I’m craving, but usually always include potatoes and onions, bell peppers, cauliflower, and Brussels Sprouts. Sometimes I add spices, sometimes they are plain. Sometimes I add oil, other times I leave it off. Today I was in a garlicky mood, so I pressed some garlic to kick it up a notch and it turned out very well…not that any kind of roasted Brussels Sprouts would be bad in my opinion. I also did the same with the cauliflower today and made the correlating recipe found here.
- 20 ounces Brussels Sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved
- 10-15 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place Brussels Sprouts and pressed garlic in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil and toss well to coat.
3. Spread Brussels Sprouts in one layer on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from oven, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and toss. Place the baking sheet back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven, sprinkle another pinch of salt and toss.
(Serves one if you’re me, but yields approximately four cups/servings)
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture using #gingerveganista on Instagram and tag @TheGingerVeganista or Twitter and tag @GingerVeganista or Facebook and tag The Ginger Veganista. Can’t wait to hear from you!