I’ve been craving veggies lately. I even moved up my Sunday Roastday to Friday because I just couldn’t wait. While these green beans are not roasted, it satisfied my need for some greens. And throw in some delicious crispy garlic cloves…heaven.
This makes a great side dish for a barbecue or party, but lets be honest, we all know I can take down the entire thing on my own in one sitting. However you choose to serve…I hope you enjoy!
- 24 oz green beans, timmed and washed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 25 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup rice vinegar
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small cupcake pan, place two cloves of garlic in each cup, reserving one for the marinade. Drizzle each cup holding the garlic cloves with olive oil. When the oven is heated, bake the garlic until they are golden brown and crispy, approximately 10 – 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Steam the washed and trimmed green beans until tender.
3. To make the marinade, mince the shallot, green onion, and the reserved clove of garlic. In a medium mixing bowl, add the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, shallot, green onion, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and lemon juice. Whisk until mixed thoroughly.
4. Add the green beans to the bowl and toss to coat. It’s best to mix the green beans and marinade for a few hours before serving to soak in the flavor. Add the crispy garlic and garnish by sprinkling white and black sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!
Sesame Green Beans with Crispy Garlic Recipe Card
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture using #gingerveganista on Instagram and tag @TheGingerVeganista or Twitter and tag @GingerVeganista or Facebook and tag The Ginger Veganista. Can’t wait to hear from you!
2 Comments Add yours
So very good. The second time I made this recipe I made a double batch. I put the left overs in the fridge and had them for lunch the next day..even better the second day
Awesome! Glad you liked it. I like to double the amount of garlic…my family doesn’t. 😂