I have been ordering out ENTIRELY too much lately. Mostly, I order curry, avocado rolls, and spring rolls from our local Thai place. After balancing the budget this month and a small heart attack, I decided to go ahead and make may own curry this month. This recipe is super easy, and it’s likely you already have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
There are three steps…three…sauté the vegetables, add the quinoa and liquid, then wait. How much easier can that be? Flavorful, yet subtle, this quinoa makes a fantastic main dish, but it is also great as a side to any grilled or roasted vegetables. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, large, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can of coconut creme, 14 ounces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes bouillon, (enough to yield 4 cups)
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 ounce raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Heat a medium pot over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes until both are soft. Add the quinoa, coconut creme, water, bouillon cubes, curry, garam masala, raisins, and salt. Bring to a boil and stir well to dissolve the bouillon then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through.
2. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Add the maple syrup and walnuts and fluff with a fork until fully mixed. Serve hot.
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture using #gingerveganista on Instagram and tag @TheGingerVeganista or Twitter and tag @GingerVeganista or Facebook and tag The Ginger Veganista. Can’t wait to hear from you!